Frozen Bloody Mary
April 27, 2020
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, cut into wedges
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 2 ounces of your choice of vodka
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon horseradish
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper
- Original meat straw, or Chitpole meat straw for a little kick
How to Make It
- Cut the tomato into about 6 to 8 wedges and then halve each wedge across the middle. Freeze for at least four hours. Put your glasses in the freezer to chill, too.
- Purée all of the ingredients in a blender until it reaches a fine, slushy consistency.
- If you want to salt your rim, pour a little ground sea salt onto a small, flat plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your glass, and dip the rim of your glass into the salt mixture. The drink is pretty salty so salting the rim is entirely optional.
- Pour the drink into your chilled glasses. I didn’t garnish mine (crazy, I know!), but I think a quartered cucumber, lime wedge and/or good green olive would pair nicely.
This recipe and photo are courtesy of Cookie + Kate. You can find the full recipe and more here at cookieandkate.com.